Information for Visual Artists
Information For Visual Artists
Droichead's Visual Arts Policy has four key objectives:
- To engage with and support local artists in the North East Region by showcasing their work in solo and group exhibitions;
- To support artists in the region through an open call for their First Solo Exhibition;
- To present/curate one exhibition annually by another national or international artist;
- To work in partnership with other venues, festivals and curators.
The gallery’s programme is devised through a number of processes including; special once off commissions, curatorial collaborations, open calls and residencies.
In addition we run an extensive free outhreach programme for young people and children including:
- Second level students can avail of tours of our exhibitions based upon the Leaving Cert Gallery Question. The tour is free but please be aware that there is limited availability, so early booking is advisable. Each student will have the opportunity to go through the resource pack for Leaving Certificate Art, Craft and Design, specifically devised for Section III Appreciation of Art : The Gallery Question (q:16).
- Second level students can also avail of workshops facilitated by participating artists.
- As part of our LEANBH Children's Festival, our team of visual artists facilitate workshops in primary schools in Louth and East Meath. Information is available on this programme in early June each year.
The Yard, Droichead Print Studios
Our print studios at Barlow House are available as a resource for professional artists at a small charge. Training can also be provided for those wishing to up-skill. Please contact Carol Ann at 041 987 5140 for more information.
First Solo - Now Will open again on the 28 February 2022.
Our First Solo Award offers support at a key point in the careers of local visual artists and is open all professional artists in the North East region who have yet to present a solo show.
Would you like to have your first solo exhibition in our gallery? See below for details on how to apply.
What are we looking for?
- Artist Statement
- A brief overview of your proposal
- A detailed proposal, including images
- Links to your website/your online material/ to a drop box file
Droichead Arts Centre will look after installation, marketing and PR support, opening reception, and we will pay you an artist's fee.
For more details please email email@example.com .
Artists should note we do not accept unsolicited applications for exhibitions outside of any submission open call dates. Due to limited resources your submission will go unacknowledged.
Droichead Arts Centre currenlty hosts one artist studios in the courtyard of the historic Barlow House.